Are You Looking for a Job? Don't go it alone.
- Interactive resource has over 300 online professional licensing practice tests including Nursing, Fire Fighter and Police. Library & Home Use
- Created by the U.S. Department of Education, this site provides information about planning, preparing and paying for postsecondary education (such as 2- or 4-year colleges and universities, and vocational or career schools).
Mapping Your Future
- Provides career, college, financial aid, and money management information.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- For hundreds of different types of jobs, learn the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions.
- Peruse the classifieds on Craigslist for positions that won't show up on the metasearch sites.
- Search and capture jobs collated from all the major job boards, professional associations, newspapers, and the employment pages of major corporations.
- Jobster pulls in classifieds from a variety of sites and allows users to upload resumes it makes available for employer searches.
- Fill in the title of the job you want, enter your search radius, and upload your resume, all for free. You can block youself from being searched by your current employer.
- Use this job search engine to scour the web for classifieds.
- Mango's language learning system focuses on teaching actual conversation skills for a wide variety of languages. Each lesson combines real-life situations and audio from native speakers with an easy-to-follow interface and simple, clear instructions. Mango Basic offers Arabic, Chinese, Dari, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, ESL French, ESL Italian, ESL German, ESL Russian, ESL Mandarin Chinese, ESL Cantonese Chinese, ESL Japanese, ESL Greek, ESL Arabic, ESL Korean, and ESL Vietnamese. Mango Complete, for students who want to learn beyond the basics, offers Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, ESL for Polish speakers, ESL for Spanish speakers, and ESL for Brazilian Portuguese speakers. Library & Home Use
Typing and Ten Key
- Register for free to track your progress in this professional-looking set of typing tutorials.
- Create a free personal account to track your touch-typing success on this site.
- Users can register for free to take tests and register grades on this site.
- Graphical language courses in return for free registration, along with the opportunity to pair up with native speakers online.
ESL Cafe: For Students
- Helpful links for students of English, including tests, a site that helps with pronunciation, and a forum.
- Portal for English-language learners. There are resources for teachers as well as students.
Advanced English Lessons
- Those who wish to sharpen their grammatical skills in English can take tests and read tutorials on the finer points of gerunds and conditionals.
Test Your Email IQ
- Sensible tips for business email such as making sure to include a subject line, keeping the note short, and checking spelling and grammar.
Relocating, Salaries & Cost of Living
- Calculate your housing affordability, mortgage size, savings, credit card balance duration, business ratios and more.
Resumes & Cover Letters
CareerOneStop: Resumes, Cover Letters, & Job Interviews - Provides advice on creating a resume, writing cover letters, and interviewing.
How to Write a Masterpiece of a Resume - This guide to resume writing offers examples, format choices, help writing the objective, the summary and other sections, as well as samples of excellent resume writing.
Resumes: Creative Job Search - Short guide to writing a resume from the Creative Job Search guide provided by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
Resume Guide - Provides 250+ resume templates
Resume-Help - General info with examples & tips